Sunday, February 6, 2011

Once on Sakom Beach


Shukri wrote

For the first time, I could not picture how the tour held by The Student Potential Development Division, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences of YIU, would be because I didn’t know about its itinerary in advance. What I had just imagined the program was like leadership camp which had many challenging activities to do on the beach. At night, for instance, we would sleep in the comfortable tents at the seashore and grill fresh sea food together.

In the cold daybreak Friday, January 28, 2011, I remembered while riding in the foggy and blowing of cold windy, all of sudden the cold absorbed into my born. After praying, I suddenly pulled the blanket up and went to sleep again.

This short educational tour started when we gathered in front of the faculty. There were nearly a hundred students including seven departments to participate this trip. We left from YIU about 9 o’clock in the bright morning by two red buses. One the way to Sakom beach which was the highlight of this trip, we took a short visit at Chana Electronic Factory. Here looked as the large park including football stadium, Petanque field, Sepak Takraw field as well as playground. I feel fresh while taking a breath and walking around the area as a result of a hundred of palms and date palms trees was strongly standing along the street in the factory. It was very green place I used to visit.

Then we directly moved to the beach, it took half an hour to reach there. In the evening, we played sports such as volleyball beach and football near the seashore. I offered myself to be one of cooking volunteers to prepare for dinner. We made clear soup with Mackerels, it was very delicious. Surprisingly, at night we slept in the class room of primary school instead of sleeping in a tent because it had very strong wind blowing at night.

At the dark night around 4 am, there was no light except the bright of crescent moon shone us high overhead. We woke up for Tahajjud (Night Prayer), and then praying on the beach. On that moment, my feeling like as I was praying on the dissert. I felt so closed to Allaah while my bear feet were standing and forehead performing Sujuud (Prostration) on the sand. After that one of our lecturers gave a speech concerning “The task of the moon and the task of Muslim-teenager”. In the morning, while my friends doing activities on the seashore and swimming on the sea, we prepared Mixed-vegetable Rise for them. Even though I couldn’t joy that activity because of my feeling sick, I felt very happy while I was looking at them had breakfast joyfully.

Here Sakom beach, what I had got out there not only good atmospheres, with full of Pine trees was firmly standing on the seashore and having fresh air breezing all the time, but also calm feeling inside while I praying at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment