Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Night of the Mournful Man


Shukri wrote

Naturally, there are various events happen on the earth in every single second that no one denies, and most of people surely prefer enjoyable event to sorrowful one. They try to rub out from their minds as it from time to time haunts them to scare of ghost, darkness as well as death. However, the mainly dreadful feeling is my most memorable feeling in my time which had been happened while I was staying alone in my insecure hostel being to describe.

At a small rural village named Sarong, the place of wild animals and various robber gangs in the past, due to mountains surrounded, was located the hostel. There are a lot of villagers walking pass in the day light, but at night no one was seen by me. Fearfully, the village was one of the red areas that I sometimes heard such as sound of gunning, shooting, and bombing. In front of the insecure hostel with single door I can see a few houses, at the back there were insects as well as crickets in reed beds and beside there was the rubber station. At night, there was no light make it’s glooming and dusky sight. As a matter of fact, I never went outside at nightfall because I was paranoid.

On the last weekend of December 2008, the students who stayed as my neighbors had gone home because it was weekend except me who was alone. I had spent the time friendless from the day light until the gloom night. After dropping from the veils of the morning, I got in the hostel, and then I fast locked the door and turned the entire lantern on to ensure that was as bright as mid day. I tried to make myself feel enjoyable by turning up the Islamic music and turned water tap to make noise, subsequently I just promptly read Love Story -English Fiction by Erich Segal-to kill the time. While I was reading the fiction nearly finished the first chapter, it was unexpectedly blackout for a few second and followed by the sound as similar as a man stepped on dried leave three times, in which I imagined negatively.

The imagination of ghosts and strangers was presented in my sensitivity; subsequently the sound of knocking the door was heard by me two times doubly “Kok…kok” hesitantly. I afterward thought positively that I might be mishearing, yet I still worried about the stranger, soldier, or police who might check my hostel or finish me. I picked a small circle mirror up and saw my pale face then talked solitarily with the mirror crazily “It’s ok man, nothing occurs, there is no ghost in the world and no one comes, Oh… you just forget it”. I continuously read the fiction until the second chapter ended.

Even so my naked eyes wanted to close, since it needed to stop thinking about, my mind still remembered. Then I vividly predicted that if it was the people got in, how I could run out because there was no any back door, window, and wide enough holes to escape. The situation made me excited, thrilled and hot, I therefore went to take a bath and put the sharpen knife and the strong wood bar alongside me. Unexpectedly, I heard the gecko’s sound very loud as “Gecko…gecko…gecko…” from my people next door’s hostel, the sound of motorbike rode pass and knocking the door again and again. After the sounds were peace I quickly got dressed and turned off the video player, I then encourage myself by claiming slowly Shahada (There is no God, but Allah) many times, I might think it was my turn (death). All of the events now were quiet, peaceful, tranquil, and calm.

After midnight, I turned off the lanterns, thereby; I was in the darkness, gloominess, dreariness, and dimness scene as dark as lived in the cave at the night time which I could see nothing is easiest way for me to sleep. I, thus, made a wished sincerely that only Allah could save my life. Unfortunately, Subbahana-Allah! I got up shockingly after I was gun by police after checking my hostel and found the books, clip video of Jihad in my horrible nightmare, at that moment I suddenly looked up my body I Al-hamdulillah there was no blood, as it was dream. I forcedly tried not to sleep once more by keeping on read the fiction until finished the story at dawning time.

The feelings as bad as me, nobody wishes, dreams or imagines to experience in their lives, but Allah alone have power to control our emotion. Even so before sleeping we expect to have sweet dream, but it might be nightmare in which nobody guess. As a final point, the story of the sorrowful man, the writer, with the feeling frightening still is echoing in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment